Thursday 17 April 2014

Letter to the Government of Namibia

The following letter was sent to 'parliament@parliament.gov.na' on the 4th of April 2014. It's receipt was not acknowledged. 


Subject: You might be interested in this link...


http://www.parliament.gov.na/national_council/nc_adopted_archive.php




Via a Google search I happened to stumble upon this website, which I found highly interesting. As I looked deeper, however, I realized that it has not been updated since 2011. That fact negates the whole purpose of the site as stated on the index page, namely to ” make Parliament truly representative of the Namibian people.”
I do not know who is responsible for updates, but obviously that person or department has grossly neglected his/her/its duty. This negligence :
1.      puts the Namibian Government in a very bad light internationally as people can’t find any current information here;
2.      currently bars the people of Namibia of actively taking part in their present government;
3.      is thus a waste of precious resources in its maintenance, in violation of our constitution.
As a Namibian I therefore move a request to have the site updated regularly to properly reflect current matters, thereby promoting Namibia in a favorable light to the outside world.

Concerned Namibian
my name

Now I ask:is it too much work to just acknowledge receipt of an email at the time you receive it?




1 comment:

  1. The link to the government page doesn't seem to work any longer, server taking too long.

    ReplyDelete